The AAR is the preeminent professional trade organization for literary and dramatic agents in the United States. We are dedicated to helping our members develop and maintain their professional skills in a fast-changing publishing environment. Membership is open only to qualified agents who meet the membership criteria.
Membership benefits include:
- Listing in our agent's database, searched by over 7000 prospective writers per month.
- Monthly panels and toolboxes on a wide variety of subjects such as digital media, marketing, contracts, cover art, foreign rights, agency management
- Meet-the-publisher evenings and other networking events with industry professionals
- Alerts on contracts and the latest issues in publishing law
- Committees, actively liaising with publishers on contracts, royalties and international rights issues
- The Pitch - our semi-annual newsletter with lively profiles, articles and insights
- The AARdvark blog - a source of commentary on breaking news and events in the industry
- Complete archive of programs and alerts, so that members outside the New York area or unable to attend meetings have access to all important information
- Discounts on conferences such as BEA and the London Book Fair, shows and other events
- And a party every year to celebrate!